Encouraging children to play, explore, and discover
The Director of our Childcare Centre, Catherine Jones, won the Early Childhood Director of the Year for Western Australia at the 2017 Australian Family Early Education and Care Awards.
Children who attend our childcare centre are encouraged to play, create discover and learn within a safe and positive environment. Our passionate childcare educators are known for their genuinely caring natures, which extend to each individual child in their care. Guided by the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards, educational and fun programs are provided to meet each child's developmental needs, while interesting and purposeful environments inspire curiosity and exploration where children can play, create, discover and learn – socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
Our childcare centre is an award-winning, nationally-recognised service. It's success is grounded firmly in our commitment to developing positive relationships with children, families and the community.
Contact the centre directly on 9540 4444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out a contact form below, and someone will be in touch shortly.
Western Australian Curriculum for Kindergarten Children at the childcare
The Kindy teacher (Koorlongka room) creates a program with reference to the Western Australian Curriculum.
The teacher in this room ensures that children who attend this kindergarten, and not a kindergarten in a school, are receiving the same level of education that will put them in good stead for Pre-Primary.
This curriculum is not compulsory in a childcare setting, but we believe it is best practice for this age group.
Our pedagogy is grounded in our philosophy which is based largely around building and maintaining equitable, caring and meaningful relationships.
We have adopted predominately social constructivist pedagogy, where effective teaching is believed to be achieved through:
- Forming meaningful relationships with the children
- Creating unique, relevant and engaging environments and tasks for children
- Creating opportunities for children that build on their existing knowledge and equip them with new knowledge so that they can learn and discover new things, in both an educational and enjoyable way.
Programming at South Coast Baptist School of Early Learning Childcare centre (SOELC) is based on the National Quality Framework (NQF), and our Centre philosophy. Under these legislative guidelines, we are required to base our educational program on an approved learning framework. The program focuses on addressing the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child, while taking into account the individual differences of each child.
The major benefits of the NQS for parents and children include:
- improved educator to child ratios
- greater individual care and attention for children
- educators with increased skills and qualifications
- better support for children’s learning and development
- a national register to help parents assess the quality of education and care services in their area.
Long day care (LDC)
The approved national curriculum for early years education and care for long day care is:
- Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, commonly known as the ‘Early Years Learning Framework’ (EYLF)
Outside of school hours care (OSHC)
The approved national curriculum for early years education and care for Outside of School Hours Care is:
- My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia, commonly known as the ‘Framework for School Age Care’ (FSAC) ‘The Framework’.
Programs at our centre adhere to these frameworks. The outcomes are:
- children have a strong sense of identity
- children are connected with and contribute to their world
- children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- children are confident and involved learners
- children are effective communicators
Playgroup runs every Friday from 9.30am – 11.30am. Contact the childcare office on 08 9540 4444 for more information or download the information pack here.